1) Equal Opportunity Policy
The aim of this policy is to communicate the commitment of 4tress services to the promotion of equality of opportunity in the Company It is our policy to provide equality of membership to all, irrespective of: • gender, including gender reassignment • marital or civil partnership status • having or not having dependents • religious belief or political opinion • race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, being an Irish traveller) • disability • sexual orientation • age We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination. All members of the organisation will be treated fairly and will not be discriminated against on any of the above grounds. Decisions on membership, selection for office, training or any other benefit will be made objectively, without unlawful discrimination, and based on aptitude and ability. We recognise that the provision of equal opportunities in all our activities will benefit the organisation. Our equal opportunities policy will help members to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the members will be utilised fully to maximise the effectiveness of the organisation.
4TRESS SERVICES recognises that there is a statutory duty under the NI Act 1998, to implement an equal opportunities policy. This policy applies to applicants for employment, volunteers and members of the group alike. 4TRESS SERVICES is committed to the principles and practice of Equality 4TRESS SERVICES values the diversity of the local population. We want our services, facilities and resources to be accessible and useful to every citizen regardless of gender, age, ethnic origin, religious belief, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other individual characteristic which may unfairly affect a person’s opportunities in life.
Equality commitments We are committed to:
• promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
• promoting a good and harmonious learning environment in which all men and women are treated with respect and dignity and in which no form of intimidation or harassment is tolerated
• preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimisation • fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
• complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
• taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
• breaches of our equal opportunities policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to termination of membership
This policy is fully supported by the COMPANY and was adopted by the COMPANY on the 01/06/2016 Implementation The Company has specific responsibility for the effective implementation of this policy. We expect all members to abide by the policy and help to create the equality environment which is its objective.
In order to implement this policy we shall:
• Communicate the policy to members by issuing an induction pamphlet to all existing, and new members
• 4TRESS SERVICES will endeavour through appropriate training to ensure that it will not consciously, or unconsciously discriminate in the selection or recruitment of applicants for membership of the group
• Incorporate specific and appropriate duties in respect of implementing the equal opportunities policy into roles and responsibilities of committee members
• Incorporate equal opportunities notices into general communications practices (e.g. announcements, annual report at annual general meeting, notices and newsletters)
. This policy will be read out to all members at each annual general meeting
• Ensure that adequate resources are made available to fulfil the objectives of the Policy Monitoring and review
We will establish appropriate information and be monitoring systems to assist the effective implementation of our equal opportunities policy. The effectiveness of the equal opportunities policy will be reviewed regularly (at least annually) and action was taken as necessary
EBEN KOFI( BA Hon) Managing Director